Ruff Rock Dura-Floor has taken polished concrete flooring to the next level offering a more durable, consistent and longer floor life.
Ruff Rock uses the latest techniques for the grinding and polishing of old and new concrete. Our method for polishing concrete eliminates the need for epoxy or thin film coatings, leaving a floor that can withstand even the toughest traffic.
We offer this product in 8 unique styles custom to RuffRock that have been designed by our team with the ability for clients to customize concrete batches by adding coloured oxides and changing aggregate sizes, colours and ratios to achieve the perfect look.
PROCEDURE: 13 – 16 Step Process
1. 30/40 grit grind to achieve desired exposure and to cut the floor flat
2. 50/60 grit grind to remove previous grit scratches
3. Grout floor using totally restore and 120/140 grit to fill all cracks, air holes and imperfections
4. Harden the floor using Totally boost densifier/ hardener with a high pressure sprayer
5. Remove excess densifier with specialty 50 grit resin polishing pads
6. Apply thin lick coat of Totally boost densifier and allow to dry
7. Remove excess desifier with impact 100 grit resin polishing pads
8. Apply last lick coat of Totally boost densifier and allow to dry
9. Remove excess densifier with impact 200 grit resin polishing pads
10. Polish with impact 400 grit resin pads ‘Matt Finish’
11. Polish with impact 800 grit resin pads ‘Satin Finish’
12. Polish with impact 1500 grit resin pads ‘Gloss Finish’
13. Polish with impact 3000 grit resin pads ‘High gloss Finish’
14. Apply a even coat of Totally defend penetrating sealer
15. Buff off sealer with high speed burnishing machine
These steps are critical to the end result and the ability to “read” concrete is paramount. We use the highest quality polishing pads and grinding tools from Husqvarna and Worx+.